For information on Ladies’ events and activities
, click here
For youth and Lads to Leaders
information, click here
Updated Services Schedule and Worship at Home
In addition, to the Bible class and worship service on Sunday mornings, please join us for the following Bible classes being taught via Zoom:
- Sunday morning Bible classes have resumed as of June 6, 2021, at 9:30 a.m. at the building.
- Sunday worship services will continue in person and will also be live-streamed via YouTube at 10:30 a.m. on Sunday mornings. The sermon will also be interpreted in person and live-streamed for those in the ASL community at 10:30 a.m. on Sunday mornings. The YouTube channel also has recorded sermons (dating back to March 12, 2020), and several playlists of a cappella singing and also hymns with ASL interpretation. If you have ANY needs please let one of the Elders know, and we will do what we can to fill that need.
Beginning in September, small groups at the building will resume on Monday (September 13) and Wednesday (September 15).
- Wednesdays at 7:00 p.m. – Adults (contact Earl Ash)
- Thursdays at 7:00 p.m. – Ladies (contact Joyce Miles); classes have been suspended for the summer and will resume in September 2021
- Fridays at 7:00 p.m. – Teens (contact Kwesi Corn) (note the change of day)
Earl will teach the weekly Monday sessions, and Mike will teach the weekly Wednesday sessions. A message from the elders
– The Elders have discussed the best way forward coming out of this situation with the pandemic. We have constantly monitored the State guidelines and did our best to follow what was being advised. We will continue that procedure. Therefore, we are at a point where we are being told that social distancing and masks are no longer required for our church services. We ask that everyone use common sense regarding their own personal needs on the matter. If you are not comfortable returning to public worship services, please understand that we will be live streaming from now on even after this situation is resolved. If someone decides to continue using a mask and social distancing, we
ask everyone to accommodate that decision. Respect for other’s decisions is of great importance. The Elders want to thank everyone for being so patient and understanding during a truly unprecedented event in our nation.
In the love of Christ,
Congregational Meal and Birthday Celebration (1st Sunday) –
The fellowship meals and birthday celebration will resume in August
. The meals will be quarterly (February, May, August, and November) on the 1st Sunday of the month
. For the month of August, however, we will celebrate on August 8
. Plan to attend with your family, bring your favor dish or beverage, and clelebrate the August, September and October birthdays in the congregation. Thank you to the Shovestull family for hosting
. If you and your family or friends would like to host a meal, please sign up on the bulletin board.
Camp begins on June 20th
at Northwestern Ohio Christian Youth Camp
. Registration is $175.00. If you have any questions, visit the website
see Jerry Berry
. If you need financial assistance to attend, please see one of the Elders.
Men’s Retreat –
Save the date! The West Side Men’s Retreat will be held on October 1 and 2 at Camp CHOF in Dalton, Ohio.
The guest speaker will be Mike Johnson of Richmond, Kentucky.
The men, young men, and boys are encouraged to attend this dynamic event. Join us for fellowship, food, fun, and outstanding spiritual lessons. See Paul Couch or Earl Ash
Brother’s Keeper –
Brother’s Keeper will resume on Saturday, October 9, 2021
. The breakfast meetings will meet quarterly on the second Saturday (October, January, April, and July). The men and boys of the congregation are invited to join together to discuss individual needs, congregational matters, and have a devotional. Plan to join us for coffee and donuts at 9:00 a.m. when these events resume!
Thank you! –
Thank you to all those who attended the graduation celebration to honor our graduates. Thank you to those who organized the celebration and prepared food. We love our young people and wish them well as new chapters unfold. Those recognized were Matt Couch, Jordan Swails, Dominick Corn, Allie Couch, and Matt McIntyre.
Men’s and Ladies’ Workshop –
Thank you to our members and guests who came out for the workshop with Lisa and Aubrey Johnson on May 1. We enjoyed many wonderful and uplifting sessions!
Header photo supplied by Freely
. Thank you!