Wyant Woods Nursing Home: Join us as we visit the Wyant Woods Nursing Home (200 Wyant Woods Road in Akron) the first Sunday of each month as our church family provides a worship service and singing for the residents. We begin at 2:45 p.m. in the first-floor cafeteria/common room. Also, be sure to sign the birthday cards for the Wyant Woods residents. The cards will be on the tables in the back of the auditorium or see Mildred Linville.
Pictures: Joyce Miles is still taking pictures for our church directory. This will be done before and after Sunday services. Please see Joyce ASAP if you still need to be photographed. Thank you, Joyce, for doing this project!
Building Renovation: If you have time to devote to the ongoing building renovations, please talk to Karl or Mike. We will need volunteers to move items back into the building very soon. Thousands of hours have already been given to this project. Thank you for your help.
Brother’s Keeper: The next monthly breakfast meeting will be on August 10 at the church building. All men/boys of the congregation are invited to attend. The men will discuss individual needs, congregational matters and have a devotional. Please plan to join us at 9 a.m.!
Monthly Birthday Celebration: Be sure to mark your calendar for the monthly birthday celebration at the building on August 11.
Summer Camp: Bible camp season is upon us. We are looking for sponsors for campers. If you wish to help financially see Brad.
- Monday’s beginning on June 3rd at 10 a.m. at the building
- Tuesday’s beginning on June 4th at 7 p.m. at the Ashes
- If you are not able to attend either of these small groups but would like to host one or have another one added during the week at the church building, see Brad or Mike. We are thinking about adding a small group that will meet at the Miles home on Saturday evenings at 7 p.m. If that is of interest to you please let Mike or Joyce know.
- This will be a trial for June, July, and August and will be reevaluated at the beginning of September. Join us for one or more! Both groups are studying the same material.
In the month of June, we will begin a few changes.
- Beginning June 2, Bible Classes will begin at 9:00 a.m. and Worship will begin at 10:00 a.m. on Sunday mornings. This will continue through the summer and will be re-evaluated in August.
- In those months with a fifth Sunday, we will change our Worship for the day to 9:00 a.m. Bible Class, 10:00 a.m. Worship Service, lunch at the building, followed by a devotional after lunch. There will be NO EVENING SERVICE on these occasions.
Men’s Retreat: The men, young men, and boys of the congregation are encouraged to save-the-date for the upcoming men’s retreat in the fall. The keynote speaker will be Dr. Glenn Pennington, Associate bible professor at Ohio Valley University. The retreat will take place on October 25 and 26 at Camp CHOF (in Dalton). The cost will be $50 per person and will include overnight accommodations, dinner, breakfast, lunch, and all classes. Be sure to put the date on your calendar! See Paul Couch or Earl Ash for details.
Header photo supplied by Freely. Thank you!